Entree - Can be Gluten free (read notes at bottom)
1 lb sliced pork loin, 1/8" thick
1 cup milk
3 tbsp Italian extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup brandy
00 flour to dredge
1 cup frozen peas
Dredge your pork slices in flour and shake away any excess. Warm up the olive oil, in a non-stick skillet, over high heat.
Sautee meat slices until lighty golden on both sides. Season with salt, deglaze with brandy, then add milk. Lower to medium heat and add peas.
Cover with a lid and cook until peas are tender.
This recipe serves 4
- Milk is great in keeping meats moist and tender. Also, given the flour, your milk will thicken nicely.
- If you're gluten intolerant or alleric, use corn starch, instead of flour.
- Serve this dish with salad, fruit and bread to have a complete meal.
- If you have leftover meat (I always prepare more than I need), you can freeze it in portions, so you'll have a quick meal ready in the freezer.
- With the sauce, you can prepare a great risotto!!!