Dessert - Vegetarian - Can be lactose free (read notes at bottom)
1 cup custard, cooled down to room temperature (recipe here and video here)
D'Arbo Strawberry jam
First of all, prepare the dipping liquid for ladyfingers. My friend Renata gave me the idea and I really liked it a lot: melt some strawberry jam in a small saucepan with enough water to reach your preferred consistency. Let it cool down to room temperature.
Dip ladyfingers in melted jam (or brush them if it is still quite dense) and layer them on the bottom of a cake pan.
Cover with cream and decorate with fresh strawberries.
These quantities are for a 9" round pan.
- Prepare this dish the day before, like any other dessert made with ladyfingers: this way they'll have time to soak all juices and flavors and not result dry!
- You can shine strawberries by brushing them with some jello (unflavored, preferably)
- You can make double the quantity of custard, if you like it.
- You can sprinkle with shaved white or dark chocolate (or both), because chocolate and strawberries are great together.
- You can sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Can be lactose free if you use our lemon custard ( recipe here and video here)
- Here is the video for this recipe.