Meat entree - Lactose free - Can be gluten free (read footnotes)
As I always say, we have lots of friends that love us and love to cook and, since loving is sharing, they share recipes. This one comes from my friend Mara's website (http://italianfoodista.wix.com/italianfoodista), with a few changes. I first saw the recipe on her FB page (www.facebook.com/ItalianFoodista) and loved it!!! So, thanks Mara for loving and sharing!!!!!!!!
2 chicken breast
1/4 cup brandy
3 tbsp Italian extra virgin olive oil
Italian sea salt
Italian 00 flour
Grate the zest of half orange, then squeeze both of them; peel the peaches and cut them in wedges (if big, halve the wedges) and transfer them with the orange juice.
Reduce thickness of the breast by half, slicing it accordingly.
Sprinkle the breast slices evenly with the grated zest, on one side, pressing with your hands so it will stick well; then dredge your slices in flour, making sure to coat nicely both sides and shaking (carefully) the excess flour.
Warm up the olive oil in a non-stick skillet with lid; over medium-high heat, sautee the breasts until golden on both sides, season with salt, then deglaze pan with brandy.
When alcohol is evaporated, add the peaches with the orange juice and finish cooking, on medium-low heat and covered, about 10 minutes.
This recipe serves 2-4, depending on the size of the meat slices and what else is served.
- I served it with a nice homegrown tomatoes salad.
- You can find the original recipe at the site mentioned above, or on her FB page.
- I love the combination of sweet and savory ingredients! This was outstanding: thanks again, Mara!
- I guess it is a great combination for fish, also... I'll try that soon!
- It's lactose free and can be gluten free, if you use corn starch in lieu of flour.