Entree - Gluten and Lactose free - Suitable for diets
2 fillets Pacific snapper (about 1 lb total)
1 tbsp Italian capers, packed in salt and rinsed
6-8 Italian dried black olives
1 big ripe tomato, thinly sliced
Italian extra virgin olive oil
Italian sea salt
Brush foil with olive oil, then line with tomato slices, capers and olives.
Then top with fish fillets with parsley.
Brush another piece of foil and loosely cover fish fillets; seal the edges tightly.
Place on central rack of oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from oven, let stand for a couple minutes and open pocket carefully. Season with salt and serve.
- I used parsley stems: I always freeze them when I use leaves!
- If you're using frozen fish, let it thaw and pat it dry.
- Be careful when you open the pocket: most likely there will be juice in it (as you can tell by the photos)
- I cooked it in a skillet, covered with a lid, with a little bit of water (just cover the bottom of the skillet making sure it wont cover the pocket edges), you can also put the pocket in the steamer: either way, cooking time won't change.
- If you like the punch, you can add a few hot pepper flakes.