Salad - Lactose and Gluten free - Can be vegetarian (READ notes at bottom)
This is a very easy recipe, perfect for summertime because no cooking is required.
1 14-oz can/jar Italian cannellini beans
1 5.8-oz cans high quality tuna in olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 ripe tomatoes.
Italian white wine vinegar
Salt and Italian Extra virgin olive oil, if needed
Put onions in a bowl with water and vinegar: it will take away some of onion's strength.
Slice tomatoes and arrange them in a bowl with a little salt, this way you'll help getting their juice.
Drain and rinse beans, this will remove salt in excess.
Start assembling your salad: in a big bowl transfer beans, tomato slices with their juice, onions (drained from the water).
season with salt and toss well.
Open tuna can and pour some of its oil on the vegetables, add tuna and mix until combine. If necessary, you can add the remaining oil.
This recipe serves 2-3
- Do not overdo with salt, both beans and tuna have it.
- If you like it, you can add boiled farro to this salad.
- This recipe is gluten free, lactose free and vegetarian if you remove tuna!
- We carry part of the ingredients, except for fresh onions and tomatoes.
- You can find a video for this recipe here