10 oz ground beef
7 oz bratwurst, 2 links
1 1/2 14-oz cans Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano, grated
1 or 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
A few tbsp broth, chicken or vegetable
Blend the beans with broth until you obtain a smooth cream and put it in a bowl; add meats, cheese, parsley, salt and mix well to combine all ingredients.
Shape as hamburger patties and cook over high heat in a non-stick skillet, on the bbq or on a cast-iron griddle.
Serve as a regular hamburger or just with french fries and or green salad (or any other vegetables you prefer).
This recipe made 10 patties.
- If you have some left, you can freeze them separate and use them when you need.
- You'll see that the beans give a different moist to the patties.
- Use Italian borlotti, not cannellini, because they are more hearty than the other ones and are perfect for this recipe.
- The cheese will make your patties stick, regardless. But they are good!!!
- This is a gluten free recipe
- You can find our video for this recipe here