1 lb cod fillets (or other white fish)
1/2 cup Italian dried black olives
1 can Italian tuna packed in olive oil, drained
4 tbsp Italian capers, packed in salt and rinsed
4 anchovy fillets
2 garlic cloves
4 tbsp grated parmigiano
4 tbsp plain breadcrumbs
Italian extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp each chopped parsley and basil
Boil potatoes and set aside; chop fish, tuna and anchovies and transfer in a big bowl; chop capers, olives, garlic and herbs together and combine with the fish mix.
Force potatoes through a ricer with small holes directly into the bowl with the fish mixture, then add parmigiano, eggs, salt and 1/2 breadcrumbs.
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix well to combine all ingredients until you obtain a smooth mixture. Shape as a loaf, dredge in breadcrumbs and lay on a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes.
Let it cool down to room temperature and cut into 1" slices.
This recipe can serve 4-8
- To reheat: cover with aluminum foil and warm it up in oven at 375 for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with mixed greens, or steamed/sauteed vegetables.
- You can use any white fish you prefer.
- You can use anchovy paste (2 tsp) if you prefer.
- We have a mix of Italian dried basil/parsley that's perfect.
- It's great served with the peperonata we emailed you a couple of weeks ago.