Pasta entree - lactose free
1/2 lb bowties Italian pasta
20 bay scallops
20 medium shrimp
6 oz imitation crab meat, sliced
1 cup Italian crushed San marzano tomatoes
1/2 white wine
1 garlic clove
Italian extra virgin olive oil
Hot pepper flakes, salt
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In the meantime, put a large skillet with a few tbsp of water on medium high heat and cook mussels and clams until they open. Set aside.
Put a large saucepan on medium heat and warm up 3 tbsp of olive oil, add garlic and sautee until golden, then discard it. Add bay scallops and shrimp and sautee, the add mussels and clams, white wine and let alcohol evaporate.
When it's evaporated (2-3 minutes), add hot pepper flakes and crushed tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes; stir in imitation crab meat and cook for a couple more minutes, season with salt and remove from heat.
When water boils, add salt and pasta and cook until al dente (about 8-9 minutes), reserve some cooking water.
Transfer pasta into saucepan and toss, sauteeing on medium heat, for a couple of minutes (add a few tbsp of reserved water, if sauce thickens too much).
This recipe serves 2-3
- You can use frozen seafood, if you can't find fresh.
- You can use actual crab meat, making your dish a little upper scale, but also more expensive.
- We carry an Italian hot pepper/garlic mix that would be perfect.
- The picture is about last time I prepared this dish, with spaghetti instead of bowties.
- If you want to keep this really Italian, DO NOT sprinkle with parmigiano or other cheese!!!