Side dish - sauce - vegetarian - light - lactose and gluten free
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 zucchina, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
1 14-oz can of Italian San Marzano tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
In a saucepan (with lid), warm up olive oil and sautee onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add zucchina and bell peper, stir and sautee for 2-3 more minutes; discard garlic.
Season with salt and add tomatoes.
Lower heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, season with salt, if needed, and add basil.
This recipe serves 2
- It is a great side dish for grilled/roasted fish or white meat.
- It is great even at room temperature.
- You can use it as sauce for pasta; it is enough for 1 lb of pasta (egg pasta like fettuccine or garganelli would be the best), serving 4-6 people.
- If you like garlic, you can chop or mince it and leave it in.
- You can add other bell peppers and diced eggplant, if you like them. In this case it would serve more people.