I believe beans are very good, in many meanings ;-) I always make a bean salad when we have friends over for lunch or dinner and everyone appreciates. This is a basic recipe: you can add thinly sliced onions, if you like it, or other vegetables. It can also be served mixed with farro and some vegetables, making it a complete and healthy meal.
1 14-oz can Italian cannellini beans
1 14-oz can Italian borlotti beans
4 tbsp Italian extra virgin olive oil
Italian sea salt
3 sage leaves
1 garlic clove
First prepare the dressing. Halve garlic, finely chop rosemary, savory and sage and infuse them in olive oil, for at least 30 minutes: this will give the olive oil enough time to absorb all the flavors.
Drain and rinse the beans. Discard garlic from dressing.
Put about a tbsp of dressing on the bottom of a serving bowl, then add the beans and the remaining dressing.
Stir well so all ingredients combine nicely.
Refrigerate until serving, it's better if prepared a few hours to one day ahead of serving.
It serves 4 to 8 people, depending on what will be served with it.
And here with farro and vegetables
- It can be used as a salad or an appetizer.
- It is VERY important to rinse canned beans: this way you'll rinse some salt away and reduce your sodium intake.
- If you don't mind garlic pieces, chop it finely together with the herbs.
- It is vegetarian, vegan, lactose and gluten free.
- Given the fact that this is a dish made with few ingredients, it's imperative that their quality is very high. We DO sell the ingredients to prepare this salad (except for herbs and garlic).