1 medium onion, cubed
2-3 zucchini, cubed
1 yellow bell pepper, inner ribbings and seed removed, cubed
1 red bell pepper, inner ribbings and seed removed, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
1 medium eggplant, cubed
1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
1/3 cup Italian dried black tomatoes
1 1/3 cup Italian San Marzano tomatoes, roughly chopped with their juice
3 tbsp Italian extra virgin olive oil
Italian sea salt
2 tbsp freshly chopped basil or parsley
In a saucepan (with lid), over medium-high heat, warm up olive oil and sautee onion, potato and carrot for 2 minutes, then add bell pepper, stir and sautee for 2-3 more minutes.
Now add eggplant and zucchini, sautee and add olives.
Season with sea salt and add tomatoes.
Lower heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables reach desire tenderness, and add basil or parsley.
This recipe serves 4-6
- It is a great side dish for grilled/roasted fish or white meat.
- It is great even at room temperature.
- You can use it as sauce for pasta (egg pasta like tagliatelle or pappardelle would be the best).
- Remember that zucchini and eggplant cook slightly faster than bell peppers and way faster than onions, carrots and potatoes, that's why you start cooking in that order.
- It's vegan/vegetarian, lactose and gluten free.
- You can find the video for this recipe here.