Pasta entree - Lactose intolerant safe (see notes at the bottom)
1 lb Orecchiette
10 oz fresh Salmon, diced
1 12oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut in 1" pieces
1 14oz can of Italian San Marzano peeled tomatoes, roughly crushed with a fork
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt, chopped parsley, hot pepper flakes
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In the meantime, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Sautee garlic until golden, then discard it.
Add salmon and sautee a couple of minutes, then add artichokes and wine and let evaporate.
Stir in tomatoes, and their juice, sprinkle with hot pepper flakes and season with salt, lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes; add cream and cook for 5 more minutes until sauce thickens.
Add salt and 2-3 tbsp of oil in the boiling water, then add pasta (trying to pour it through the oil, so it will stick a little less).
Cook for about 8-10 minutes, then drain (reserving some water) and transfer into the skillet with the sauce. Sautee pasta with the sauce, tossing to combine well, for at least 2-3 minutes; if the sauce thickens too much, add some of the reserved water to thin it.
Serve immediately sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.
This recipe serves 4-6 people
- If you avoid cream, this recipe will be lactose intolerant safe.
- If you want a lighter recipe, use milk with some cream cheese instead of cream.
- You can use crushed Italian San Marzano, same quantity, if you perfer it.
- You can use onion instead of garlic; if you like to leave garlic in your sauce, mince it instead of crushing it.
- You can use fresh artichokes, but this will increase a lot the time and the preparation.
- Please, do NOT use Parimigano: it's not supposed to go on pasta with fish because it will cover its delicate taste.